I don’t write personal posts on this blog very often, but I feel that over the last year that I’ve stopped, I’ve lost some of the personal connection with my audience! I want to start incorporating more of these posts into my editorial calendar so I can continue to connect with my audience on a more personal level. Let me know if you enjoy these kinds of posts, and I’ll be sure to include them more often!
There are affiliate links in this post. I may make a small commission if you purchase, with no additional cost to you.
1. My eBook launches TUESDAY!! It’s hard to believe that all the work I have put in over the last three months is coming to an end in just a few short days when my eBoon finally launches! I’ve been working my buns off and have poured my heart and soul into this eBook. For those of you who may have missed it earlier, the eBook is called Streamline Your Side-Hustle: A Comprehensive Guide to Balancing Your Blog With the Rest of Your Life. This book is intended for bloggers who also have a full-time job, a family, or school to keep them busy and need help finding balance and staying productive. I sincerely hope you’ll all come check it out on Tuesday. If you want to be the first to know when it launches, you can sign up for the list here:
2. To be honest, Dave and I have been slacking a bit on the home improvement projects. Out of the three rooms we wanted to paint, only one has been done. We actually purchased the paint for another room and just never got around to it! We also haven’t hung anything on the walls in any of the rooms in the house, which we desperately need to do! I would really love to start sharing blog posts about our home if only I can summon the motivation to get it finished! Any tips on taking on those small home improvement projects?
3. This has quite possibly been one of the busiest years ever for us, especially in the summer and fall. June was crazy, with closing on our house, moving, and standing up in two weddings. July, August, and September were filled with hosting family and our home and driving to visit family elsewhere. We had a camping trip, another wedding to attend, and said goodbye to my younger brother as he hit the road for Alaska. Now that we’ve hit October, things have finally slowed down a bit, and I’m so grateful they have! The next couple of months for us will mean lots of time at home, lots of adventures in our own city with friends, and lots of cuddling up by the fire as the temperatures continue to drop.
4. One thing I’ve been reflecting on a lot lately is how much this blog has changed over the past year, and how much it has changed my life as well! A year ago, my traffic was just starting to pick up and I was just starting to get the hang of monetization. Now, my traffic is regularly growing and I’m making a consistent part-time income from my blog. I can’t wait to see what the next year brings, and I’ve already started putting together my goals for the next year! I read an article recently that I love about why you should set goals in the fall instead of the new year, and I loved it immediately!
5. Dave got me a Kindle Paperwhite for my birthday last month and ever since then, I have been ready nonstop! On the recommendation of some friends, I started with Outlander, which is the first book in a series. I finished it in just a few days and am starting number two, Dragonfly in Amber, very soon. I also just finished Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (author of Gone Girl). I loved that it was a quick, easy read that definitely caught my attention! Finally, I’ve been working on a book called Women Crime Writers, which is a compilation of four suspense books from female authors in the 1940’s! I’ve read two out of four, and I’m hooked!
Let me know what you’ve read lately and loved so I can add it to my list!
JOIN THE TRIBE!
Sign up to get a list of my favorite tools and resources for staying productive!