It’s really no secret that I’m obsessed with Netflix. Seriously, I can binge-watch with the best of them. So it’s safe to say that I’ve watched my fair share of shows on Netflix. Today I’m happy to share with you 11 shows to binge-watch on Netflix that I loved!
UPDATED: So I was just reading back through this post and realized that when I made this list, Gilmore Girls wasn’t on Netflix! Obviously have to add this one to the top of this, because it’s my fave.
1. Friends. If you read my blog regularly, you know my obsession with Friends. It’s literally my favorite show ever. I own every season on DVD and have watched them all at least 10 times. And I’m still not sick of it. If you want to know how deep my obsession really is, know that my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to the Friends theme song at my wedding. I won’t bother explaining the show, since I’m confident everyone reading this has heard of the show!
2. Revenge. I just started watching Revenge last weekend, and I’m already obsessed! Dave always makes fun of me for watching overly-dramatic shows, and this one is no exception. It’s about a young woman who moves to the Hamptons under a false identity to get revenge on the people who screwed over her family decades earlier. I’m still working on this one, but I would definitely recommend it!
3. Parks and Recreation. I held off watching this show for the longest time. I’m really picky about comedies and I just didn’t see myself loving it. Boy was I wrong! Dave and I binged watched this show from start to finish (although we still have to watch the latest season) and I loved every minute of it. It’s the story of a small-town parks department and it’s employees, specifically the assistant director Leslie Knope. The characters personalities are outrageous and absolutely make the show worth watching.
4. House. Other than good old Grey’s Anatomy, I’m not a huge fan of medical shows. This one I loved, though! The main character, House, is a sarcastic, bitter, mostly mean guy who practices medicine without any bedside manner. Basically, he solves the cases no one else can solve. His sarcastic show and his dynamic with his only friend and his revolving door of employees makes the show a great watch!
5. Orange is the New Black. You’ve all probably heard of this show. You all probably know it’s about a WASP who finds herself in a federal prison for a crime committed years ago. It’s a hilarious show, though a very graphic one! It’s based on a true story of the real-life Piper, but the stories diverge pretty quickly. It’s entertaining to watch how much the main character changes from the first season, when she’s terrified and doesn’t fit in at all, to the third season where she becomes a bad ass prison bitch.
6. House of Cards. I’m such a politics geeks, so I knew I was going to love this show before I even watched it. It follows the main character Frank Underwood, US Senator, on his mission to climb the political ladder. He’s the main character you love to hate. There’s no arguing that he’s an awful person, but one who you can’t help but obsess over. Every season has been so different, but the first is still my favorite!
7. New Girl. This is just a really fun, quirky show to watch. It’s about the newly broken up with girl who’s a little weird who moves into an apartment with three guys she just met. Like any good show, there’s a couple to obsess over when they’ll get together (and back together). Zooey Deshanel’s perfectly odd personality is a perfect fit for her character in the show.
8. Mad Men. Some good friends introduced Dave and I to it a few years ago (and by that I mean talked about it constantly until we caved and watched it). Ever since then, we were hooked. It takes place at a New York advertising office in the 1960’s. If Don Draper’s story isn’t enough to hook you, the fashion definitely will be!
9. How I Met Your Mother. How I Met Your Mother is a lot like Friends in that it’s a comedy about a group of Friends living in New York. I’ve been a fan of this show since high school, though I don’t re-watch it like to I do some of my other favorites. It’s a great one to binge-watch and there are tons of seasons!
10. Parenthood. I’m such a sap when it comes to this show. I swear I cried during almost every episode! I love a good drama, and this one really hit the spot. And being a family drama just makes it all the more cry worthy. Everyone who watches can find at least one character they relate to. Just make sure to have your tissues ready.
11. The West Wing. I didn’t discover this show until late last year. I mentioned above that I’m a politics geek, so this show was like heaven! It’s the perfect combination of funny and dramatic. Plus, you don’t have to be a politics geek to enjoy it! Basically, it tells the story of some of the top level staffers in a presidential administration.
Bonus: Criminal Minds. This is a bonus, mostly because I forgot to include it at first! I because seriously obsessed with this show earlier this year. I don’t usually get into these crime-solving shows, but I love this one! Although I’ve learned that I can’t watch it when Dave is traveling on business, because whenever I do I’m pretty sure there’s a serial killer lurking somewhere waiting to kill me.
What are your favorite shows to binge-watch on Netflix?
JOIN THE TRIBE!
Sign up to get a list of my favorite tools and resources for staying productive!